National night every year in our neighborhood always is a fun night with our neighbors. This is our 3rd year in our neighborhood, and we really love the people we live by. The area we live in has people from all age ranges; young couples, young families and couples who raised their families here and now are empty nesters. Everyone is always so inviting and truly want to get to know everyone else.
There were many more dogs at the event this year. If only Mr. Dewey were more social with other dogs, he would have been invited to attend too. Maybe next year.
This year two of our friends joined us because they basically live with us. They seemed to enjoy hanging out with our neighborhood as much as we did.
And we per tradition, the local fire department stopped by for the kids, and “big” kids to check out! We acted like kids again; climbing all over the truck, and taking photos of ourselves on the fire engine.
The Hubby asked to see the “Jaws of Life” and they actually allowed our friend to hold it.
That was one big tool.
I pray I never see one of those again.
The event really turns into socializing, checking out the fire truck, eating and winning door prizes.
Our National Night Out is both catered and a potluck. The night coordinators order pizza from the neighborhood pizza joint, then the rest of us bring side dishes and desserts.
Our house is on the even side of the street so we were in charge of bringing a salad. I knew as soon as they told me that I needed to bring a salad that I was going to bring my favorite Chicken Bacon Ranch Vegetable Pasta Salad.
I have made this one a few times for potlucks but normally not at home because the recipe makes a large batch. But boy do I love this recipe. Who doesn’t love bacon and ranch on anything? I would smoother my cereal in bacon and ranch if it wasn’t frowned upon.
As a pretty simple recipe to put together with a good flavor bang, this makes an easy potluck recipe.
The best moment of the potluck for me was winning a $25 gift card for dry cleaning at our local dry cleaner.
Second best moment was when the lady sitting behind me told another lady that the chicken salad was really good.
Take her advice and go make this recipe 😉
- 3 Chicken, boneless skinless breasts
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped bite size
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped bite size
- 1 pint cherry tomates, quartered
- 1- 4.5 oz. package of real bacon bites or 1/2 cup fresh cooked chopped bacon
- 1- 16 oz. box of spiral or radiatori pasta
- 1- 16 oz. bottle of ranch dressing
- Salt & Pepper
- In medium pot of water, boil chicken breasts until fully cooked. Remove from water and allow to cool.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Once cooked, immediately cool with cold water. Transfer cooled and drained pasta to large bowl.
- Chop cooked chicken into bite size pieces. Add to pasta.
- Chop all vegetables and add to pasta and chicken.
- Add bacon.
- Pour half bottle of ranch over pasta and stir. Keep adding dressing until pasta salad is fully coated.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
You can’t go wrong with the chicken, bacon and ranch combo 😉 Awesome looking recipe!
Comments are closed.