You know what is better in a coffee mug than coffee? Chocolate Cake!
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if every time you picked up your coffee mug it was filled with chocolate cake?
I wish that would happen.
Chocolate cake is its own food group in my world. Fruit, veggies, meat, grains, dairy and cake.
I made these for two of my girl friends while we were watching Top Chef- Texas, and decided we each needed a mug,not really knowing how large the cake would be. Unless you want your whole days allotment of calories in one snack, this is more of a 2-3 person serving.
Don’t get me wrong, I will not judge if you make this for dinner tonight and eat nothing else while vegging out infront of the TV. I would never. I would never say I have not done it.
Never say that.
Go find your largest coffee mug in the cabinet. Go now.
Dump in the batter, and nuke the bad boy for a few minutes.
Make sure you add the chocolate chips, they make the cake oh so gooey and rich.
You know what would be good with this cake? A dollop of ice cream. Too bad I don’t allow myself to buy ice cream… too much of a temptation.
Coffee Cup Chocolate Cake
yields 3 servings
adapted from Food Network Magazine “Great Easy Meals” cookbook
- 1/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- dash of vanilla
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar and cocoa.
- Add in the egg, oil, vanilla and cinnamon (if desired). Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour cake batter into greased mug.
- Place in microwave and nuke for 2 1/2- 3 minutes. Add 15 additional seconds if the cake still looks “wet” on top.
- Enjoy immediately!