I want to eat all of these. Each and everyone of them.
Up until today, I have raved about every recipe that I have posted in my cookie challenge, but these take the
Yes, I know these do not look like cookies, but I had to roll dough out, use a cookie cutter, added chocolate chips, eggs and vanilla, all clear indicators of a cookie recipe.
Please excuse me a moment, I need to go eat another one of these…….
Ok, back. Mmm… yum!
These “cookies” are going to take a little work, so lets get started.
Make your dough by cutting together cold butter, flour and sugar. Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until a dough forms.
Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of wax paper.The wax paper will help form smooth sheets of dough and prevent it from sticking to the rolling pin.
Once the dough is rolled out, lightly flour the surface. Cut circles with a cookie cutter to form individual crusts.
Form dough into greased muffin tin cups, flour side down. Refrigerate until filling is ready. Once filling is ready place 2 chocolate chips in each cup. I used bitter sweet chocolate, worked great. You can use any chocolate you have laying around.
Fill each cup to the brim, but don’t over fill. The filling will expand during baking.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before eating.
Off to eat another Pecan Cup Cookie. BYE!
- 1/2 cup salted butter cubed, cold
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 or 4 tablespoons cold water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 48 chocolate chips (any variety)
- In large bowl, with a pastry blender or two knives acting as a scissors, cut together cold butter, flour and sugar until crumbs form. Add in water 1 tablespoon at a time until chunks form and dough can be rolled into a ball. Do not exceed 4 tablespoons.
- Form dough ball and place on a piece of wax paper. Cover the dough with another sheet of wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until 1/4" thick. Wax paper will keep the dough from sticking to the rolling pin.
- Remove wax paper from the top of the dough. Dust dough with flour. Using circular cookie cutter, 1/2 inch larger than mini muffin cup, cut out out circles of dough.
- Place dough disks, flour side down in greased mini muffin pan cups to form outer crust. Press dough up the sides to make level with top of pan. Continue rolling excess dough together to form additional circular dough disks. The dough should yield 24 disks.
- Chill dough once formed in all cups while making filling.
- In medium bowl, mix together eggs (without beating), brown sugar, melted butter, salt, vanilla. Stir in pecans.
- Remove pan from refrigerator. Add 2 chocolate chips to the bottom of each cup.
- Scoop filling into each cup. Do not over flow because filling will rise while baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Allow pecan cups to fully cool. Store in air tight container and refrigerate.