Here is another take on the mint chocolate combination. I have been all over the chocolate cookie scene with this cookie challenge. To be honest most of these chocolate ones are new to me. I normally never bake with cocoa powder. This is not to say I don’t LOVE chocolate, I just normally don’t use it. Odd.
These came to me the other day when walking past an end-cap at Target. Hershey defiantly goes all out when it comes to switching up flavors. They make Pumpkin Spice, Candy Apple, Chocolate Cherry, Chocolate with Almonds, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate Hugs, Melt Aways, Air Delights, Candy Cane, Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Caramel, and finally Mint Truffle!
Can you believe all those flavors? I really enjoy the Pumpkin Spice, Dark Chocolate, Hugs, Milk Chocolate, and now the Mint Truffle!
Now go get your bag before they are gone for the season!
Chocolate Mint Truffle Blossoms
yields 20 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 20 Hershey Mint Truffle Kisses
- In large bowl, cream together sugars and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla and egg. Continue mixing with mixer.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder. Mix on medium until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Using cookie scope, make 1″ balls. Roll balls in sugar. Place on parchment covered baking sheets. Create thumbprints in each cookie before placing in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees until slightly firm, 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press one kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool on tin foil. Store in air tight container.