These are my favorite cookies!!
You put chocolate and peanut butter together and you have me sold.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, Brownies with Peanut Butter centers, Reese Peanut Butter cups, Nutty Bars…. you name it. Peanut Butter & Chocolate no matter what it is, I will eat it. Probably already have.
I have shown you how to make the “fruit cake” of the cookie world, now it is time to make the “Super Star” of the cookie world. This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe that I have ever made, once you make this one you will never want for another one. Guaranteed!
Shine on cookie, shine on!
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg
- 1 teaspoon. vanilla
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 36 Hershey Kisses, unwrapped
- In large mixing bowl, cream together with electric mixer margarine, sugars and peanut butter. Add in egg and vanilla, continue mixing until all incorporated.
- Add flour, salt and soda, and continue mixing with electric mixer. Turn your mixer to medium as the dough becomes harder to mix.
- Roll into balls using slightly over full 1" cookie scope, then roll each ball in sugar. Place on baking sheets 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes, exactly. Remove from oven and place 1 candy chocolate kiss in center of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Return to oven and bake for 2 additional minutes, exactly. Remove from baking sheets immediately, and cool on tin foil. Store in airtight container, for as long as they will last!