It is the weekend of peanut butter! Here is another peanut butter match up that I absolutely adore.
These also might be one of the easier ones too, just make peanut butter cookie dough, scope into a mini muffin pan, bake and stuff with Reeses. Only one rotation in the oven, you can have these pumped out in 30 minutes or less.
These are always crowd pleasers. The only people I know that don’t like Reeses are people who can’t eat peanut butter. And I feel bad. Peanuts butter is a staple, and they will never be able to taste the pure greatness of it.
Time to throw another peanut butter combination on your holiday cookie platter. People will love you for it. Promise!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
yields 4 dozen cookies
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 48 Reese’s miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer. Continue mixing and beat in egg and vanilla.
- Using the electric mixer blend in flour, soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼” balls, place in ungreased 1 ½” (small muffin pan).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press 1 peanut butter cup in the center of each cookie until top is level with the top of the cookie
- Cool in the muffin tin for a 30 minutes to 1 hours before taking them out to allow chocolate to harden.
*Teflon coated pans work the best