Day 4 of providing you with a peanut butter and chocolate combination. Did I ever mention to you that I love peanut butter and chocolate together?
I rather eat these than make them. Not that these are hard, but they are just so much better to eat. Have you ever had a Nutter Butter bar. I loved those as a kid. These taste just like those, but with more peanut butter filling. Score, right?
These will take you a few hours to make, so they will be perfect to make in between making other cookie recipes. You also can eat the dough with no worries about an egg. Score again!
Yes, I know these really are not “cookies” but they are super yummy and need to be on your cookie platter for your Christmas parties 🙂
Peanut Butter Balls
yields 4-5 dozen balls
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Rice Krispies Cereal, 2-3 cups as desired
- Almond Bark
- In medium bowl, cream together butter and peanut butter. Mix in sugar with electric mixer until fully incorporated.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of Rice Krisipies cereal at a time until desired consistency. You will want the balls to be crispy but still be creamy and hold together.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. Scope 1″ balls out on wax paper cookie sheets. Return to refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow balls to harden.
- Melt almond bark in the microwave according to the package instructions.
- Dip each ball in chocolate using a fork to shake off excess chocolate. Place on wax paper to cool. Refrigerate until served.