Can you believe I have been at this for 20 days now?? This is CRAZY! I really think that after this whole thing I will need a diet, an intense one. Only 5 more days to go. I have a few more good recipes up my sleeve for you all, so traditional and some not. You will also be seeing some doubling up on my part, I do remember I owe you for missing the first day of December. I also know I need to give you day 25 before Christmas, so you can make them, of course.
Tonight I was pleasantly surprised by these. I normally don’t like ginger bread cookies, so when I received this recipe, it reminded me of a ginger bread cookie with a twist. After making the recipe, they look nothing like a ginger bread cookie, but it does have a lot of the same flavors.
Still not a ginger fan, but these cookies are definitely warming me up to the idea.
Cranberry Ginger Pecan Drop Cookies
Recipe from my friend Melissa
yields 4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- n a large bowl, cream sugars and butter with electric mixer. Add the milk and egg and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and powdered ginger and beat well.
- Gently stir in the craisins, pecans, and crystallized ginger.
- Scope dough with 1 1/2″ cookie scope onto lightly greased or parchment paper covered cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from the pans immediately and let cool on tin foil.
- If you are using the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar and enough milk to get a nice consistency. Glaze the cookies when cool.