I dislike butterscotch cookies.
BUT I love butterscotch…. dilly bars!
Why would I make a cookie I don’t eat?? These are not the only cookies I bake that I don’t eat. I make many things that I don’t actually like. The worst thing to make is molasses cookies. I make those for my grandfather, only because I dearly love him.
I made these cookies for my roommate. She loves butterscotch cookies. I hope when she gets home she will be pleasantly surprised by the 2 1/2 dozen cookies waiting for her 🙂
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
yields 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until smooth with electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in butterscotch chips. Make dough balls by rolling dough by hand to incorporate chips. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake cookies for 10-11 minutes, until the cookies are lightly golden brown. Transfer to tin foil to finish cooling.