Day #4 of my 7 Day Clean Eating Challenge!! Sorry this post is coming at night and not in the morning or afternoon per usual. Last night post my workout, I was so exhausted, that I fell asleep at like quarter to 9! Can you believe that? Mr. Tony Horton- my personal trainer ;-)- really must have kicked my butt or something for me to clonk out that early. I am super in love with P90x3 right now, and can’t get enough of AgilityX. Basically for 30 minutes you are non-stop running around in figure 8’s, doing lunges and squats, and a few jumps. That sounds miserable doesn’t it? I don’t know why, but all of the workouts I have done with P90x3, this one is my favorite. Maybe because it requires the least amount of balance. This girl is clumsy! Or because I am dripping sweat when I am done, but it sure makes me feel good when I finish. And exhausted apparently.
I am so excited to share this recipe with you today. I was inspired by a few different recipes I saw, but in the end, I winged it. I have a deep, deep love for artichoke dip, even though I know it isn’t too great for me. I decided I was going to make it cleaner. This recipe now hits on all the flavors I love in artichoke dip, without all the calories. And bonus it hit on my love for Mexican food too!
I really hope after these photos you go make these, SOON. I think I might sneak back in the kitchen and eat the leftovers….
- 8 corn tortillas
- 24 cooked shrimp, dried
- 1/4 cup can artichoke hearts, chopped (I used 1/4 of a can)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spinach, shredded
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Lawry's)
- In a bowl, mix artichokes, spinach, yogurt, garlic powder, seasoning salt, and cheese until fully incorporated.
- Spread 1/4 of cheese mixture over each of 4 tortillas, leaving a 1/4 inch rim around the edge without cheese. This will leave room for the cheese to melt without spreading out of the quesadilla. Place 6 shrimp on top of each tortilla and then top with remaining tortillas.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high, spray with a light layer of no stick cooking spray. Place 1 quesadilla in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan, and let rest while you cook the remaining quesadillas.
- Serve with fresh pica de gallo, lettuce and plain greek yogurt.