Day 14 of 25 Days of Christmas My Urban Oven Style!
I kind of got a little crazy with my bacon and brown sugar when making recipes this weekend. The best part is that you could use a whole 1 lb of bacon to make these shrimp wrapped sugar babies and the brussels sprouts from day 13.
You can’t really go wrong with anything that has bacon and brown sugar baked on top of it. Just can’t.
These shrimp with have your taste buds doing a triple take. You start with the sweetness of the sugar coating, then the salty of the bacon, the deliciousness of shrimp, but then finally you get the spice from the Sriracha sauce. Layers on layers of flavor.
I might need to make these for The Hubby’s family Christmas this year. My sister-in-law normally makes the traditional little wienie bacon wrapped sugar babies, so I bet she would love these.
What do you bring to your family gatherings?
Remember to stay tuned for more of 25 Days of Christmas My Urban Oven Style!
Look back at the last few days:
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Rinse shrimp under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush a generous amount of Sriracha sauce onto both sides of each shrimp.
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Wrap bacon around each shrimp piece without wiping off Sriracha sauce. Secure bacon around shrimp with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon around each shrimp. Pat slightly to keep sugar from falling off.
- Place shrimp onto a tin foil lined baking sheet or on a broiler pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp becomes a "c",