This coming weekend, The Hubby and I will be heading to my sister’s house for the weekend. I want to bring a fun 4th of July themed dessert for us to have on Saturday at the lake. Since I found so many good ones, I thought I would pull together a short list of fun Independence Day themed desserts together for you!
1. Super easy, quick, and healthy flag dessert. I love the mixture of something salty and sugary with all the fruit. My favorite desserts always include lots of fruit! Check out the recipe at Family Fresh Meals
2. Aren’t these the cutest cakelettes you have seen in, like forever? Not only do they look like firecrackers, but they will make your mouth feel like fireworks too! Head over to Project Denneler for a step by step tutorial.
3. This recipe is very similar to my Funfetti Puffed Popcorn recipe, but with a twist. By using vanilla candy melts, you get a nice even coating on the cereal and the color is fantastic. I might make this recipe but for the white make regular puppy chow. The mix of chocolate with vanilla would have out of this world snacking potential. See how to make this awesome treat at Sweet as a Cookie.
4. Another cute firework treat for the kids! I dare you to make these without eating half of the bag of Pull ‘n’ Peel Twizzlers. To see how to turn a bag of Twizzlers into this treat, stop over to Simplistically Living.
5. These Patriotic Red Velvet Cupcakes are a throwback post from yours truly. The recipe is from my first year blogging, although the photos are amateur, the taste is rocking!
6. Whoopie Pies make me weak in the knees. Every time I see them I have to stop myself from drooling, and these red, white and blue ones are no exception. Head over to Pack Momma to see how she made these cuties!
7. This watermelon cake might not be Red, White and Blue, but will fit right into a 4th of July BBQ. Oh and isn’t it so cute?! Check out One Mama’s Daily Drama for the recipe.
8. I have to throw one more cupcake option at you. These tri-color cupcakes fit the bill for 4th of July. Go check out Pack Momma again for the how-to.
9. I thought maybe I should share a healthy dessert with you. This one looks oh so yummy. Stop by Happy Healthy Mama for the recipe.
10. This isn’t the truffle from Friends, this one will knock your socks off. Oh, and did I mention it is pretty easy to assemble. Head on over to Skinny Taste for the recipe.
Happy 4th of July Baking Everyone!