Happy Day #3 of my 7 Day Clean Eating Challenge! As you will notice these little guys were not on the meal plan until Thursday but I made them Tuesday night?! Sometimes the night just calls for some grilling and your meal plan needs to shake up a little. We can totally switch Tuesday dinner for Thursday dinner, because you know what, I PLANNED and was prepare for this meal in advance!
Having a plan is always the best way to be successful in your eating and fitness. My coach, Lois, likes to say “If you FAIL to PLAN, you PLAN to FAIL”. I have been trying to live my this motto with eating and fitness. In the rest of my life, I am personally trying to do the opposite, trying to be a little more go with the flow and not have all the details figured out. My Type A personally sometimes needs control, but letting go of control can feel oh so good. Can you tell I am planning a wedding- the whole letting go of control part 😉 ?!
Now on to the recipe. These fries are a super easy and can be thrown in while you are prepping the grill and ready by the time the burgers hit the table. First you will need to gather the below suspects from the pantry- potatoes, garlic powder, basil, onion powder, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil!
Can you tell I shop at Costco and Target much? I kind of have a problem..
Once you cut up your fries, you will want to toss them in a light coat of olive oil and sprinkle them with all your seasonings, minus the cheese. These will be in the oven for a long time and the cheese will burn up if you put it on in the beginning.
Now, 5 minutes before these little guys are done, you can pull them out of the oven and sprinkle them with cheese. Return to the oven for the last 5 minutes to seal the cheese into the fries. #nomnom
- 5 large yellow potatoes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (freshly grated or packaged)
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Clean potatoes to remove any dirt. Cut potatoes into quarters the long way, and then into quarters again the long way- making steak cut fries.
- Toss potatoes in olive oil to lightly coat. Place on baking sheet with baking mats or directly on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle all potatoes with onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, sea salt and black pepper.
- Place on top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes, until corners are starting to brown and fries are easily poked with a fork.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with ketchup or you favorite sauce.